Sunday, February 28, 2010

On a personal tomato note...

I said that I wasn't going to buy any seeds for my garden this year. I don't know where I'll be living, I don't know if I'll have time to maintain the garden up in Marblemount, and I'll have field trials to manage. I'm famously frugal among friends and family, but seeds are my financial Achilles' heel. I couldn't help myself...

Back in December, a grower brought this tomato to my attention as 'something you gotta try'. It's the Azoychka! The name is like an old Russian man sneezing,"Ah-Ah-Azoychka!". It is indeed a Russian heirloom was brought to the United States by Kent Whealy, one of the founders of the Seed Savers Exchange, from a collecting trip in Russia. The taste is supposed to be unlike any other tomato.

Now I just need to find my Azoychkas and me a sunny place to call home for the coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment